All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Hyper-V index

locose
Path Finder

I noticed the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Hyper-V inputs.conf has no index configuration. I have it installed on my universal forwarders but it's putting the entries in the main index.
Nothing in the install or configuration docs mentioned anything about an index name

0 Karma

rpille_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Most Splunk-built add-ons will not define indexes for you and will route to main by default unless you define a custom index. Some older add-ons are exceptions to this rule and their indexes.conf files are still included for backwards compatibility. Best practice is to let the admin make their own decisions about index naming conventions, retention settings, etc.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...