All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for EMC VNX: How to set host fields and what is the significance of site= in inputs.conf?

wegscd
Contributor

have the VNX Block data collection working (waiting for credentials for the VNX File). Have a couple of questions:

1) what is the significance of the "site = " that I put in inputs.conf? I would have expected the value to show up in the indexed events, but not seeing them. What is "site = "?

2) I have multiple arrays to collect data on. How do I separate them? coding "host = " into the inputs.conf is not setting the host field on the logged events.

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

1) That's an optional value: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/EMCVNX/ConfigureModularInput

2) site is one of the ways you can do it, or you can change the names of the input stanzas and then use source=whatever.

0 Karma

wegscd
Contributor

1) site= seems to only get applied to vnx:block:agent events.

2) can you elaborate on this? This is not working for me (source is still vnx, host is still the hostname of the indexer):

[vnx_data_loader://cli_vnx_block]
network_addr = cly-emcspap1.whirlpool.com
network_addr2 = cly-emcspbp1.whirlpool.com
username = <encrypted>
password = <encrypted>
platform = VNX Block
site = CLY
host = vnx-cly
source = vnx-cly
index = w_vnx
disabled = 0
0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Enter a unique stanza name describing the input, such as sf_vnx01_inventory.

[vnx_data_loader://]

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...