All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Cisco UCS is not collecting data

Jaslin2402
Engager

Hello Everyone,

I have installed the Splunk Add-on for Cisco UCS Manager and configured the managers, template and task as mentioned in the Splunk documentation, however there is no data collecting at Splunk side. I'm using Splunk version:7.0.1 and Cisco UCS Add-on version: 2.0.3. The error message is mentioned below.

Error:
2018-08-21 15:33:55,569 ERROR 139727937750784 - Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_cisco-ucs/bin/ta_util2/thread_pool.py", line 180, in run job() File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_cisco-ucs/bin/cisco_ucs_job_factory.py", line 26, in call_ results = self._func() File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_cisco-ucs/bin/cisco_ucs_data_loader.py", line 90, in collect_data self._connect_to_ucs() File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_cisco-ucs/bin/cisco_ucs_data_loader.py", line 206, in _connect_to_ucs raise Exception(msg) Exception: Failed to get cookie for xxxxdc2sapsfi01.ent.xxxxxx.net, errcode=551, reason=Authentication failed

I have also tried pulling data from UCS manager with exactly the same configuration for different environment with Splunk version 6.6 and Cisco UCS add-on version 2.0.2, and I'm able to load the data to Splunk.

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks

Tags (1)

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Jaslin2402,

Can you please check "SSL details" configurations?

SSL details must be configured in configuration files.

To collect data from a Cisco UCS Manager using an HTTP connection, set the manager's disable_ssl_verification to true in your cisco_ucs_servers.conf file. Find it at $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_cisco-ucs/local/cisco_ucs_servers.conf. To collect data from a Cisco UCS Manager using an SSL connection with a self-signed certificate, add the certificate's value in your cacerts.txt file. It is at $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_Cisco_ucs/bin/ta_util2/httplib2/.

Refer the following link for more info: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/CiscoUCS/Configureinputs#Set_SSL_details

0 Karma

abhishekreddy
Explorer

did the issue resolve? if so what is the solution?

0 Karma

Spranta
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We hade a same issues because the collection user had a special character within the password. Seems to be the TA wasn't able to handle that.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...