All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Cisco UCS: Trouble with returning only active alerts

mrandolph12

I'm trying to display a dashboard of all current alarms in my Cisco UCS environment. I'm having trouble comparing events to test if the event was cleared or if it's still active. I can only determine this if I get an event that indicates an alarm was triggered and an event that indicates that alarm was cleared. I need to match multiple fields to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples and dismiss the alarms that have already cleared. Here's where I'm stuck at:

index=cisco-ucs source=cisco:ucs:faultInst ((highestSeverity="critical" AND severity="critical") OR (highestSeverity="critical" AND severity="cleared"))
    | eval alarm1_Severity=if((highestSeverity="critical" AND severity="critical"), severity, null())
    | eval alarm1_Time=if((highestSeverity="critical" AND severity="critical"), lastTransition, null())    
    | eval alarm2_Severity=if((highestSeverity="critical" AND severity="cleared"), severity, null())
    | eval alarm2_Time=if((highestSeverity="critical" AND severity="cleared"), lastTransition, null())    
    | transaction fields="dn" maxspan=1s
    | eval alarmCleared=if(alarm1_Time<alarm2_Time, "Cleared", "Active")
    | search alarmCleared="Active"    

Sample events:

created="2019-11-03T04:29:42.320",tags="server",dn="sys/rack-unit-10/health-led/fault-F1236",rule="equipment-health-led-critical-error",origSeverity="critical",prevSeverity="critical",occur="1",ack="no",lastTransition="2019-11-03T05:16:49.211",highestSeverity="critical",lc="",descr="sys/rack-unit-10/health-led shows error. Reason FP_TEMP_SENSOR:Temperature Threshold Crossed; ",severity="cleared",type="equipment",id="15490158",cause="health-led-amber-blinking",code="F1236",changeSet="",site="",system_name="MYHOST",address="10.2.1.120" 

created="2019-11-03T04:29:42.320",tags="server",dn="sys/rack-unit-10/health-led/fault-F1236",rule="equipment-health-led-critical-error",origSeverity="critical",prevSeverity="critical",occur="1",ack="no",lastTransition="2019-11-03T04:29:42.320",highestSeverity="critical",lc="",descr="sys/rack-unit-10/health-led shows error. Reason FP_TEMP_SENSOR:Temperature Threshold Crossed; ",severity="critical",type="equipment",id="15490158",cause="health-led-amber-blinking",code="F1236",changeSet="",site="",system_name="MYHOST",address="10.2.1.120" 
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...