All Apps and Add-ons

Slideshow: Is it possible to define user input?

rapmancz
Explorer

I would like to use 4 dashboards with user inputs for Slideshow, it works fine for default values.

But I would like to create next slideshows (will be displayed on different screens) with other fixed values in user inputs. Is it/will it be possible? The user inputs are 2 dropdown menu, one selects text and second selects timerange

Thank you.

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

It isn't supported yet. I have a solution in mind and a ticket to cover the work here: http://lukemurphey.net/issues/1600.

Basically, I would add the ability to enter a custom URL. The custom URL could include a dashboard and its parameters. Splunk will automatically run a dashboard when the URL includes form parameters even if the dashboard is not set to autorun (provided it includes a time-range picker). Thus, being able to add a custom URL should make this work as you desire.

This feature is currently planned for the next minor feature release (2.5).

Update:
This was released in version 2.5. Download it here: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1799/

0 Karma

rapmancz
Explorer

Hello, any news regarding this feature request?

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Yeah, it has been supported since January. Sorry, I didn't mention it here. I usually try to post back on the answers posts but I missed this one.

0 Karma

rapmancz
Explorer

still I did not find the option in updated slideshow app...

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

You should see a "Add Custom URL..." button under the list of views. Make sure to clear your browser cache after updating the app if you don't see it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...