All Apps and Add-ons

Slideshow: After upgrading to 6.5.0, the "Setup a show" dashboard displays a blank panel

jpolcari
Communicator

I just upgraded Splunk to 6.5.0 and the Slideshow app no longer works. I get the "Setup a show" dashboard but nothing displays on it just a blank Splunk panel. I have upgraded the Slideshow app to the latest version and got the same results. I notice in the console in Firefox, i get the following error on common.js:

Error: Module name "util/splunkd_utils" has not been loaded yet for context: _

Also I should mention that I have another Splunk 6.5.0 instance and the Slideshow app works perfectly fine there. I do not get the console error in the working Splunk instance.

0 Karma
1 Solution

LukeMurphey
Champion

I fixed this some time ago in the current version (http://lukemurphey.net/issues/1501). I suspect the browser is caching the old file.

You can verify this by clearing the cache in the browser. Alternatively, you can do a bump within Splunk. You can do that by going to /en-US/_bump (e.g. http://mysplunk.net:8000//en-US/_bump) and clicking "bump version".

After you do this, reload the Slideshow page and see if it works.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mswenson
Engager

I have upgraded to 6.5.1 and am having similar issues. When I get to Setup a show, all of my dashboards show up, but after I choose the dashboards to cycle through and click on Start Show, I just get a blank screen.

I have cleared my cache in both IE and Chrome, used the /en-US/_bump and restarted Splunk, but still am getting the same results.

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

@mswenson: Are you seeing an error in the browser console?

0 Karma

mswenson
Engager

yes, I am seeing this

IPT5009: 'is_absolute_url' is undefined
File: SlideshowSetupView.js, Line: 6, Column: 11638

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Could you be so kind to open a new Answers post on this issue? I think this is a different root cause than this post.

I'm gonna figure this out and try to get this fixed ASAP.

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

I fixed this some time ago in the current version (http://lukemurphey.net/issues/1501). I suspect the browser is caching the old file.

You can verify this by clearing the cache in the browser. Alternatively, you can do a bump within Splunk. You can do that by going to /en-US/_bump (e.g. http://mysplunk.net:8000//en-US/_bump) and clicking "bump version".

After you do this, reload the Slideshow page and see if it works.

0 Karma

jpolcari
Communicator

Worked perfectly! Thanks for the help and thanks for making an awesome app. We use it on a bunch of screens here :).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...