All Apps and Add-ons

Setup DB Connect hangs in Mac OSX

kevinmurali
Explorer

alt textThe initial screen clocks and no useful information is reported in the logs. I'm on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, Splunk 7.0.2, Splunk DB Connect 3.1.2.

john_kennan
Engager

This happens on RHEL supported kernel as well.

We've tried Chrome,Firefox, Safari and IE.

After installing, and trying to open the module, it does show the setup page for Inputs, and etc. Then it promptly redirects to a welcome page. This is where we see the blank page with the spinner. (below)

http://blah:8000//en-US/app/splunk_app_db_connect/ftr#/welcome

Is there something manually we could do with config file to make it think like it's been configured?

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

According to document it cant:

Operating systems and browsers
Splunk DB Connect runs on the following operating systems. For details, see supported operating systems of Splunk Enterprise.

Linux, kernel version 2.6 and later
Linux, kernel version 3.x and later
Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2

You can use the following browsers to use Splunk DB Connect on your Splunk platform:

Apple Safari (latest)
Google Chrome (latest)
Microsoft Edge (latest)
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox (latest)

p_gurav
Champion

Can you share screenshot? Also did you check _internal logs?

0 Karma

kevinmurali
Explorer

Does DB Connect work in Mac OSX?

0 Karma

kevinmurali
Explorer

I took a screenshot but don't know how to upload it to this post. I can send you the logs and screenshot if you let me know your email.

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Their is attachment logo. Please coy paste logs in comments.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...