All Apps and Add-ons

Receive Traps and Events from Solarwinds

waseemmemon

Hi Experts,

We are building up a centralized syslog and snmp (trap+polls) collection point in our network using Splunk solution.

Will this add-on (SNMP Modular Input) foot the bill, we are going to keep the Solarwinds and we want it to act as only SNMP aggregation point for all the network devices.

Is there any other better way to do the task?

0 Karma

waseemmemon

alt text

Hi Damien,

To better explain the situation, I have drawn a little diagram. we will be forwarding the Devices' Traps and Poll to the Splunk via Solarwinds Application natively using a forwarding connector.

In this scenario, what will be the better approach should we install the snmp-module-input add-on or use the snmpd to receive the traffic and then forward it to the indexers!

Thanks!

0 Karma

ccsfdave
Builder

@waseemmemon what solution did you end up with? I am weighing between replicating my solarwinds environment in Splunk with each ping and snmp trap being replicated or is there an easier way to get it from Solarwinds itself?

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Yes , it can poll attributes and catch traps for SNMP v 1/2/3 and you can also apply Solarwind MIBs.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...