All Apps and Add-ons

Pulldown Module

Sriram
Communicator

I am trying to build a dashboard which has few search module derived from the SideviewUtils pulldown module. There are 2 pulldowns. I want the search to start only after both the pulldown values are selected. Right now, the searches are executed twice (once after each pulldown selection), causing the dashboard population slow. Any ideas ?

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The easiest way, at least for you the app-developer, is to put a Button module after the two Pulldowns, set 'allowSoftSubmit' to False, and then your users will have to click the Button before the main search will execute at all.

If you don't want to add a Button to your design though then you could also do it with a customBehavior attached to the last Pulldown module. Email me and I'll consider putting it in as an example into Sideview Utils.

(by the way, you should check out Sideview Utils 2.0, which has a ton of improvements over 1.3.X, as well as new features like a visual view-authoring system called the Sideview Editor. http://sideviewapps.com/apps/sideview-utils/ )

abhayneilam
Contributor

Awesome solution, thanks a lot !!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...