All Apps and Add-ons

[Protocol Data Inputs] Where to install the add-on ?

SirHill17
Communicator

Hi,

I would like to use the add-on Protocol Data Inputs but I am unsure where should it be installed (meaning if it must be on every indexer part of a cluster --> master server ?) Or install on a dedicated server like Heavy Forwarder.

Thanks for your help.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Install on a Forwarder.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Install on a Forwarder.

0 Karma

SirHill17
Communicator

Thanks for your quick answer.
I have another question following your answer. My aim is to have a centralized component masking data for all my servers (+2000) so if I can avoid deploying the add-on on every single host is better and also not impacting the servers where the forwarders run. Do you think it's possible to install the add-on on a Heavy Forwarder and having the UF sending the data to this HF which will handle the data ?

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Yes that is possible.
UF -> forward raw TCP -> PDI App's TCP Port running on HF

SirHill17
Communicator

Thanks for your help.

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

My pleasure , shout out if you need any more help with custom handlers etc.. (I wrote the app).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...