All Apps and Add-ons

Proofpoint On Demand Email Security Add-on, need to store a copy of email logs to a local file

Log_wrangler
Builder

I have the Proof point On Demand Email Security Add-on configured on a HF and it is sending logs to the indexers to be consumed by splunk.

However I have another use-case where I need to get a copy of the logs into s3 for another application to use.

I thought I would ask if anyone in the community has worked with the add-on long enough to know how I could setup a second input using the ProofPoint Web-socket/API key to send the logs to a local file on the forwarder. From there I need to send the logs to s3, which I can do with scripted aws cli commands.

I know this is not a typical use-case but I thought I would ask.

Thank you

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have a couple ideas for you.

1. Is this a use case for the outputlookup command? You can drop the data to disk easily with that command, but it will be csv.

(You could just send _raw to the csv and have 1 column)

1. You can crack open the python code and hack in a drop to disk feature :-).

Again just ideas/thoughts. I have 0 experience with the app.

0 Karma

Log_wrangler
Builder

Thank you, I appreciate the reply. I tried deciphering the .py scripts but there are too many intermingled, no luck so far.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...