All Apps and Add-ons

Problem with subsearch returning $value and sideview utils

MatMeredith
Path Finder

Hi,

I'm trying to convert a dashboard to use Sideview utils. One of my graphs is a radial gauge which uses a subsearch to construct the range to use.

<param name="search"> ..snip.. | ..snip.. | gauge my_value [search ..snip.. | eval range=first+" "+second+" "+third+" "+fourth+" "+fifth | return $range]</param>

This was working fine until I converted to Sideview utils but not the graph doesn't even try to load. I can get the graph to load by dropping the $range clause from the subsearch, but then obviously the ranges are wrong. I'm guessing this is because sideview utils is incorrectly interpreting the $ here.

Any ideas how I can fix this please?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use two dollar signs, much like you would escape a backslash in regular expressions.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use two dollar signs, much like you would escape a backslash in regular expressions.

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

hehe. Yes I'll absolutely put it there too. And that $foo$ page is important enough that I should probably sprinkle a few more links to it around on different related pages. Thanks.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A good place to put it would also be the $foo$ page.

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yep. The docs around using $$ for $ are in there, but only on the HTML module's docs. I need to put that same comment in a couple other places, notably in the Search module's main docs page. I will do so in a future version to help people find this out earlier rather than later.

0 Karma

MatMeredith
Path Finder

Thanks -- perfect!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...