All Apps and Add-ons

Problem with Timerangepicker, it is only responding to the initial search.

lemikg
Communicator

Hi,

did anyone experience any errors regarding the timerangepicker in sideviews?
For some reason the time range only responds to the initial search. Because it doesn't show any new results when changing the value after the results have been loaded.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike

0 Karma
1 Solution

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you post your XML? Either inline or in pastebin. Sometimes what happens is people set the searchWhenChanged param on TimeRangePicker to False, even though in some distinct cases this ends up in extremely confusing behavior and the control seems to be broken. Basically you should never set that param to False ever but leave it blank and thus set to the default of True. That's a bit of a guess though. Post the XML and I'll give you a definitive answer.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you post your XML? Either inline or in pastebin. Sometimes what happens is people set the searchWhenChanged param on TimeRangePicker to False, even though in some distinct cases this ends up in extremely confusing behavior and the control seems to be broken. Basically you should never set that param to False ever but leave it blank and thus set to the default of True. That's a bit of a guess though. Post the XML and I'll give you a definitive answer.

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yep, that'll do it. Excellent.

0 Karma

lemikg
Communicator

thanks, that helped. Below the picker, there was a search module where the time was manually set to a static value. I believe that caused the unexpected behavior.

thanks again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...