All Apps and Add-ons

Problem with Connecting to Oracle 11.2

chita11364

Hi

I've installed Splunk Free version and want to connect to my oracle Db 11.2 using Splunk DB Connect App. I've done all configurations related to JVM, Driver and Identity. Also In New DB connection page I've entered my DB info but cannot find any fields to input DB username and password. Therefore when I click save it displays "ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied".
Can anybody help in this regard please. Where can I input DB username and password?

0 Karma

kheo_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

On creating a DB connection, there is a section(please see below) where identity previously create should be put. ORA-01017 error indicates that the credential on Oracle DB side does not match. You can revisit the identity you created and double check whether username and password is correct.

alt text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...