All Apps and Add-ons

Problem loading SideView Utils Redirector module

omend
Path Finder

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the Redirector module by sideview utils app.
I've added the relevant code to the xml, but the webpage only shows a green notification saying "Loading..." at the top of the page, but refuses to actually load.

Can anyone suggests any advice?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Drainy
Champion

With questions like this it always helps to paste your XML as its pretty impossible to figure out where the mistake is.

That said however, you are describing the behaviour of an XML page trying to use a sideview module without adding the magic code of;

<module name="SideviewUtils" layoutpanel="appHeader"/>

To the top of your XML 🙂

If this doesn't help then post some XML we can check out.

View solution in original post

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you post more details, post the XML of at least the source view, preferably also the target view, and post all this as a separate question tagged with Sideview-utils ? I'd be happy to help but I need more info.

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

With questions like this it always helps to paste your XML as its pretty impossible to figure out where the mistake is.

That said however, you are describing the behaviour of an XML page trying to use a sideview module without adding the magic code of;

<module name="SideviewUtils" layoutpanel="appHeader"/>

To the top of your XML 🙂

If this doesn't help then post some XML we can check out.

Drainy
Champion

No worries, feel free to click the tick next to the answer to mark it as solved 🙂 (and maybe click the up button to upvote it..)

0 Karma

omend
Path Finder

It worked, Thank you very much!

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Most likely it's that. Back on the homepage of Sideview it lists a couple things under "What do I need to know to get started?", and it's under there. Also it really helps if people click "next" and read that page although it's very long, and then read the page after that too that goes over the Search module and how with it you can write advanced XML without "intentions".

0 Karma

omend
Path Finder

By the way, I'm trying to use the sideview utils Redirector module due to a problem i've had while working with the native viewRedirector, of which the link worked great but the new page displayed the wrong information (the same one from the referer page). I read in one of the posts, the Redirector can handle this kind of problems.

If anyone has other advice, I'd be glad to hear!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...