All Apps and Add-ons

PCAP Analyzer for Splunk: Does anyone have the tshark tokens for OS X that should be used?

jtrujillo
Path Finder

I tried using the Unix one and I am getting this:

Capturing on 'Wi-Fi'
tshark: Invalid capture filter "–r SIPphone.pcap -T fields -e frame.time -e tcp.stream -e ip.src -e ip.dst -e _ws.col.Protocol -e tcp.srcport -e tcp.dstport -e tcp.len -e tcp.window_size -e tcp.flags.syn -e tcp.flags.ack -e tcp.flags.push -e tcp.flags.fin -e tcp.flags.reset -e ip.ttl -e _ws.col.Info -e tcp.analysis.ack_rtt -e vlan.id" for interface 'Wi-Fi'.

That string isn't a valid capture filter (illegal token).
See the User's Guide for a description of the capture filter syntax.
0 Karma
1 Solution

jtrujillo
Path Finder

Figured it out... the pcap2csv.sh has a char that OS X tshark doesn't like.

"do tshark –r "$f" -T fields -e f"

Notice the dash in front of the "r" is longer than the others... once I replaced that with a regular dash, it started working fine.

Maybe the dev will update in the next version.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jtrujillo
Path Finder

Figured it out... the pcap2csv.sh has a char that OS X tshark doesn't like.

"do tshark –r "$f" -T fields -e f"

Notice the dash in front of the "r" is longer than the others... once I replaced that with a regular dash, it started working fine.

Maybe the dev will update in the next version.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...