All Apps and Add-ons

Oracle audit unified template SQL query not working for rising column

mayurr98
Super Champion

Hello

I am trying to get oracle unified logs into Splunk using Splunk DB connect and Oracle Add-on for Splunk.
oracle:audit:unified has default template with sql query :

SELECT *
FROM 
    (SELECT CAST((event_timestamp at TIME zone 'UTC') AS TIMESTAMP) EVENT_TIMESTAMP_UTC,u.*
    FROM UNIFIED_AUDIT_TRAIL u)
WHERE EVENT_TIMESTAMP_UTC > ?
ORDER BY  EVENT_TIMESTAMP_UTC ASC 

But it's giving java.sql.SQLException: ORA-12801: error signaled in parallel query server PPA7, instance -- (2) ORA-01843: not a valid month

I tried changing checkpoint value multiple times but its giving same error.

I get results when I run

SELECT *
FROM 
    (SELECT CAST((event_timestamp at TIME zone 'UTC') AS TIMESTAMP) EVENT_TIMESTAMP_UTC,u.*
    FROM UNIFIED_AUDIT_TRAIL u)
WHERE EVENT_TIMESTAMP_UTC > ?

but when I am adding order by its giving error. I am not sure if its a bug or I am doing something wrong.

0 Karma

arimaldo
Explorer

I have the same exact problem and I have been unsuccessful in finding a fix.  The unified audit was working with the Oracle queries until a few months back and then it stopped completing successfully (query times out). I even tried increasing the timeout to 3600 seconds and it still failed. Not sure what changed and/or if it's a bug with DBX or with Oracle 12 or both.

0 Karma

arun_kant_sharm
Path Finder

Hi @mayurr98 ,

i am also facing same error, do you get its solution?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...