All Apps and Add-ons

No data indexed into Splunk when using nessus2splunk.py scripted input

leonheart78
Explorer

I have installed Splunk Add-on for Tenable, and currently using the scripted input to ingest .nessus file.
I have used the default settings which the default input folder is $SPLUNK_HOME\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_nessus\spool.

When I copied in the .nessus files. I saw the files disappeared, and files are created at $SPLUNK_HOME\var\spool\splunk.
But when I check my index, there is no data there. I search the _internal for the files status, below is what I got:

06-21-2017 23:19:43.053 +0800 INFO Metrics - group=per_source_thruput, series="d:\program files\splunk\var\spool\splunk\Homereview_va_credential_oh461v.nessus", kbps=6.337355, eps=16.935651, kb=196.456055, ev=525, avg_age=0.000000, max_age=0

May I know why I do not get any data in the splunk index?

0 Karma

benlc
Path Finder

The message shows that the data is indexed. Maybe you forgot to create the index?
Did you search in all the indexes for the sourcetype?
Do you have any errors?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...