All Apps and Add-ons

No Data in Palo Alto App

Morfoot

I can see data being collected from my Palo Alto Devices (4 of them), but when I switch over to the Palo Alto App there is no data. Tried adding this into 2 locations:

connection_host = IP Address
sourcetype = pan_log
no_appending_timestamp = true

under the file "inputs.conf" (located at \SplunkforPaloAltoNetworks\local and \Splunk\etc\system\local and \Splunk\etc\system\default) with no results.

Anyone know the answer?

0 Karma

sC0rP1u5
Explorer

I might be a little late for an answer but I just came across this issue today because we just started setting up our PAs.

My solution was to modify the macros.conf file located here $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/SplunkforPaloAltoNetworks/default/macros.conf.

The portion of the conf file I modified are below:

Base Macros

[pan_threat]
definition = index=indexname sourcetype="pan_threat" NOT "THREAT,url"

[pan_traffic]
definition = index=indexname sourcetype="pan_traffic"

[pan_system]
definition = index=indexname sourcetype="pan_system"

[pan_config]
definition = index=indexname sourcetype="pan_config"

[pan_web_activity]
definition = index=indexname sourcetype="pan_threat" "THREAT,url"

You'll notice that in your macros.conf file you won't have the index specified.

Hopefully this helps or at least helps others that come across this issue in the future.

0 Karma

rmangram

I tried this out and I am not getting data, do you know know if there are any other suggestions?

0 Karma

gskorski
Explorer

I have the same issue. How did you solved it?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Thanks for the Memories! Splunk University, .conf24, and Community Connections

Thank you to everyone in the Splunk Community who joined us for .conf24 – starting with Splunk University and ...

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...