All Apps and Add-ons

Monitor request and response using Splunk enterprise

KavinVicky
Loves-to-Learn

Hi All,

I have an application running on localhost. Its basically an API. So when I trigger a request using postman, the application connects to azure and downloads a file. Can this process be monitored by Splunk such that I can see the requests and response as logs in Splunk enterprise.

Basically, I need the logs of the request and response of the application running on my localhost. Which of Splunk features supports this kind of functionality?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

HI @KavinVicky,

i suppose that your application writes its logs in a text files.

Using Splunk you can read the content of these files, index them and then create your searches to find any errors or messages or other.

If your logs aren't structured (pairs field_name=field_value) you can extract the fields to use in your searches, dashboards and reports.

In addition I hint to see in apps.splunk.com, if there's an App and/or an Add-On for the system you have to monitor, to avoid to discover the hot water!

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...