All Apps and Add-ons

MongoDB Commands app: "MissingSectionHeaderError" when calling command "|mongoshowdb"

vbhakta88
Engager

I am trying to use the Splunk app MongoDB Commands to gather data from a MongoDB instance. I want to be able to query the data and display it in Splunk.

When I call the command "|mongoshowdb" I get this error:
MissingSectionHeaderError at "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\ConfigParser.py", line 512 : File contains no section headers. file: C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\mongodb_commands\bin..\local\mongodb.conf, line: 1 '\xef\xbb\xbf\n'

0 Karma
1 Solution

vbhakta88
Engager

I figured it out. The file C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\mongodb_commands\local\mongodb.conf had a UTF-8-BOM encoding but when I changed it to just UTF-8 it worked. I used notepad++ to edit the encoding since that is what I was using to view the file.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

vbhakta88
Engager

I figured it out. The file C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\mongodb_commands\local\mongodb.conf had a UTF-8-BOM encoding but when I changed it to just UTF-8 it worked. I used notepad++ to edit the encoding since that is what I was using to view the file.

0 Karma

isabellechristo

Hello,
my problem is : I Have no file mongodb.conf and I don't know what I must put inside

0 Karma

isachristophe

Hello,

What information did you put in mongodb.conf ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...