All Apps and Add-ons

Mobile Web/App Dev?

theaccordance
Engager

Does anyone know if there is any development for a mobile interface or mobile app for splunk/splunk apps? Just curious - I like to have access to my system analytics on the fly. Figured I'd check with the community before I start getting any ideas on summer projects.

Tags (3)

jzhong_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Recently Splunk Mobile App for iOS is released, together with the Splunk Mobile Access Server. It's a native iOS app for iPhone and iPad, with the same dashboard/chart rendering toolkits in splunk web.

Please have a try and share your thoughts. Thanks.

carasso
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you or your users have an iPhone, consider looking at

http://www.innovato.com

It's Splunk Alerting on your iPhone. Available now. It's not an official Splunk product, but a really useful skunkworks project.

0 Karma

carasso
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I developed the Splunk Mobile app. Please give it a try. It's a Splunk App that has a user interface friendly to small devices. It should work on any platform with a decent browser.

It allows you to:

• Run saved searches
  • See fired alerts and run their searches
  • Run ad hoc new searches
  • Graph timecharts reports (this part needs more work)

I'd love more feedback on it and to know what features people want in a mobile app.

carasso
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

yes, but the main Search app that comes with Splunk is still not designed for a small screen. As an example, clicking on a saved search in a small menu is very different than big buttons of saved searches. The mobile app allows 90% of your screen to be used for showing events when you want to, rather than 30% (think of the menus at the top, the timeline, the fields picker, paging, etc.

0 Karma

Brian_Osburn
Builder

4.3 works on getting rid of most of the flash from what I saw at .conf...

0 Karma

carasso
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes. I'm using google's non-flash charting library.
I need to spend more time on the charting.
Right now I only have timecharts sort of working.
Please give it a try and suggest features. Thanks!

0 Karma

Dark_Ichigo
Builder

CAn this work on an iPhone without Flash Player?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...