All Apps and Add-ons

Linux auditd app user tty configuration.

jcorkey
Explorer

How do I configure the user tty Dashboard in Linux auditd app? I have the Linux audit app running on my indexer and I know I have to configure my forwarder in order for the keystroke logging to work but the documentation for the Linux auditd app that shows how to configure this is not helping. I followed the documentation instructions for adding the changes to the password-auth and system-auth files under the pam.d directory and I can't get it to work. Is there any more changes I need to make? Nothing in the user tty dashboard will populate. Is there any other info or documentation that could possibly help?

0 Karma

klaxdal
Contributor

Assume you have run the " Configure Dashboard " ? Try running it for " All time " this will populate your learnt_posix_identities KVStore collection .

From there - to test TTY , explicitly enter a POSIX user ( rather than use the wild card ) in the appropriate field on the User TTY dashboard .

Works well in my environment

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...