All Apps and Add-ons

Java IcedTea OpenJDK8

terrancejohnson
Engager

Hello, I'm looking to see if anyone has tested or know if IcedTea OpenJDK8 is supported by Splunk and has been tested while using Splunk DB Connect. Recently, Oracle has released a statement regarding their new support model for FY2019, and their shift from no longer supporting Java SE 8 patch updates for free.

Below is the message that's been reported by Oracle:

End of Public Updates for Oracle JDK 8
Oracle will not post further updates of Java SE 8 to its public download sites for commercial use after January 2019. Customers who need continued access to critical bug fixes and security fixes as well as general maintenance for Java SE 8 or previous versions can get long term support through Oracle Java SE Advanced Desktop, or Oracle Java SE Suite. For more information, and details on how to receive longer term support for Oracle JDK 8, please see the Oracle Java SE Support Roadmap.

0 Karma

chli_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Openjdk 8 will be supported in next DBX release 3.1.4(next month maybe).

terrancejohnson
Engager

Great, thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...