All Apps and Add-ons

JMS Messaging Modular Input connection to Jboss: Why am I getting NameNotFoundException?

dwood023
Explorer

I'm trying to connect to a preconfigured JMS queue inside Jboss Hornetq using the JMS Messaging Modular Input add-on. I'm receiving the following error:

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python D:/Splunk/etc/apps/jms_ta/bin/jms.py" Stanza jms://queue/MyQueue: Error connecting : javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: -- service jboss.naming.context.java.jboss.exported.MyQueue

With the following configuration:

Queue name -- queue/MyQueue
JMS Provider URL -- remote://localhost:4447
JNDI initial context factory -- org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory
JMS Connection factory -- jms/RemoteConnectionFactory

I'm inclined to trust the above configuration - it corresponds to my app server configuration.

What I'm currently suspecting is that jboss.naming.context.java.jboss.exported.MyQueue from the error message is relevant - I've seen the actual JNDI used in other applications resolves to jboss.naming.context.java.jboss.exported.jms.queue.MyQueue - could the missing ".jms.queue" in my jndi be indicative of anything?

From the research I've done, I found some people have had a similar problem with a missing ".jms.queue", some eccentricity of Jboss has resulted in malformed JNDI with some applications - could this be what's happening? Has anyone else tried to connect to Jboss with the JMS app?

0 Karma
1 Solution

dwood023
Explorer

Fixed it, for jboss you need to name the queue [jms://queue/jms/queue/{QueueName}], the syntax just looks a little redundant, but you need it to work around hornetq.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dwood023
Explorer

Fixed it, for jboss you need to name the queue [jms://queue/jms/queue/{QueueName}], the syntax just looks a little redundant, but you need it to work around hornetq.

0 Karma

splunkaspirant

Hello dwood023 i am finding similar error. I am getting logs from TIBCO through its MQ. do i need to add the queue name in the same format.

Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...