All Apps and Add-ons

Is it possible to get performance data collected in SCOM into Splunk using the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager?

reneeguz

How often does the SCOM Add-on poll SCOM to review alerts/events/etc?

Is it possible to get the performance data collected in SCOM into Splunk? For instance we monitor SQL with SCOM and it collects data on database free space every poll. I see were we can get alerts and or events, but no mention of performance data. If not with add-on, any other suggestions for getting this data out of SCOM repository?

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

frmaasdam
Path Finder

In the SCOM add-on xml configuration file 300

0 Karma

frmaasdam
Path Finder

It was the answer on your first question.

0 Karma

reneeguz

Sorry to say I am still not following. How can changing polling interval change what type of data I can get. PerfData in SCOM is different than events, so I am trying to understand what specific configs (if possible) would be required to get perfdata (none of the documnetation mentions it as possible).

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @reneeguz and @frmaasdam

Please be sure that when responding to someone's answer, click on "Add comment" directly below their answer or, if responding to someone's comment, type in the "Add your comment..." box directly below their comment. You keep typing your responses in the "Enter your answer here..." box at the very bottom of the page which, instead, posts a brand new answer each time. This will help with a clean continuous flow of the conversation. I already converted your answers to comments appropriately, so just something to keep in mind from here on out. Thanks and happy Splunking!

0 Karma

frmaasdam
Path Finder

I know. You can use the directives in the xml file to configure the pollinterval after how many seconds the scom_client.ps1 script pull the events out of SCOM into Splunk.

0 Karma

reneeguz

I think I am a little confused here. I am not asking how to get the data into SCOM (2012 version), I am asking how to get the data out of SCOM and into SPLUNK. Not just the events out of SCOM, but the data also.

0 Karma

reneeguz

Is this documented anywhere?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...