All Apps and Add-ons

Is anyone using this Websphere application?

jpmackl

Hi, Is anyone using this application? I see several downloads, but 0 stars for a ranking, just trying to get input if this is working, it appears to be a great application? I would like some feedback. Thank you!

0 Karma
1 Solution

hortonew
Builder

Our team is using it. I'm looking through the configs at the moment and it seems there are a lot of problems in the props.conf. They say you can use this on both search head / indexers. Some of the extractions are search time without a transform (EXTRACT-) and some are suppose to be index time (TRANSFORM-) only TRANSFORM should in fact be TRANSFORMS- (note the 's').

I'm considering separating the search time vs. index time extractions into two separate apps.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

millern4
Communicator

I installed this app about a year or so now and have a new internal request to ingest WebSphere logs into Splunk. Since the dashboards are still using Advanced XML rather than Simple I was debating trying to just create my own TA rather than install the app.

Have either of you done this approach already? I'd be interested in learning from your knowledge in how you accomplished this since hte last time I did this I use the createInputs.jar file to ingest the logs whereas now the customer wants the logs from the individual hosts which I'd like better since the createInputs method only pulled the hostnames from the originating system.

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma

hortonew
Builder

I still have the default app installed, with my own modifications as indicated above. The syntax of the word TRANSFORMS was wrong. I haven't really touched the app since the app would be for a different team - i've just installed it and modified props.conf.

0 Karma

hortonew
Builder

Our team is using it. I'm looking through the configs at the moment and it seems there are a lot of problems in the props.conf. They say you can use this on both search head / indexers. Some of the extractions are search time without a transform (EXTRACT-) and some are suppose to be index time (TRANSFORM-) only TRANSFORM should in fact be TRANSFORMS- (note the 's').

I'm considering separating the search time vs. index time extractions into two separate apps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...