All Apps and Add-ons

Is anyone running Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure on Server 2016?

janderson19
Path Finder

I know Server 2016 is not technically supported yet, but is anyone running it currently? Have you run into any problems?

0 Karma

brreeves_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I have it installed on my personal 2016 server and 2 DCs with the current 4.8.4 TA and haven't seen any issues.

Something specific you're looking for?

janderson19
Path Finder

My windows admins don't want to allow Splunk to grab AD data unless they know of someone else using Server 2016 with no issues, and I couldn't find anything else online, so I figured I would ask here.

0 Karma

brreeves_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

My "production" environment is just my family and a few close friends using some LDAP-authenticated services and their VMs which run on a small VMWare host.

0 Karma

janderson19
Path Finder

We'll try it. Worst case scenario we just kill the add-on, haha

0 Karma

brreeves_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It's the same TA at the moment that uses the same Powershell scripts as the 2012R2 version.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...