All Apps and Add-ons

Inputs get mixed up between different add-ons in builder

cmeerbeek
Path Finder

I just started using the Add-on builder and today I wanted to create my second project but than things get messy.

1. The inputs and field extractions for my new add-on ended up in my first add-on.
  2. I made my app set visible = true but when I got to the add-on page I end up with an empty dashboard page instead of the input configuration page like my first add-on is properly showing.]
  3. When I removed the app I could not recreate inputs since the sourcetypes are somewhere in Splunk but I cannot find it...

Looking at the "known issues" list on docs I kind a have the feeling this project is not really reliable...

Can you someone tell me I am doing something wrong and that it is not the add-ons fault?

0 Karma
1 Solution

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You cannot edit two inputs at the same time because we cache some meta data in the browser. Or else do the edit in two separate browsers.
To your comment about KI list, we are working on reducing the number of known issues.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You cannot edit two inputs at the same time because we cache some meta data in the browser. Or else do the edit in two separate browsers.
To your comment about KI list, we are working on reducing the number of known issues.

0 Karma

cmeerbeek
Path Finder

Hi ehaddad,

The issue is that if I edit add-on A I see inputs I've created for add-on B.
alt text

The same for field extractions. I created field extractions in add-on A but the props.conf in add-on got updated with the created settings...

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Did you have addon A and addon B open at the same time in two different tabs at some point?
This should not happen if you are editing one addon at a time. Otherwise, if you can reproduce this, this is definitely a bug that we haven't seen.

0 Karma

cmeerbeek
Path Finder

No this is one browser tab open in the browser. I did not try to use another browser or emptying the cache.
Do you want me to test this?

I hope you agree this is a killer bug 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...