All Apps and Add-ons

How to use inputlookup with realtime search

jedatt01
Builder

I want to create a search that populates a map with real-time data. But I also have data in a lookup table that I want to include using the inputlookup command. I want the data from the lookup to populate before the realtime search begins so the first points that populate on the map are from the lookup table. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished?

0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use inputlookup in a real-time search as long as you set append=true. Here's an example:

index=* OR index=_* | stats count by index | inputlookup append=true monitored_indexes.csv | fillnull | stats max(count) as count by index

Run that over a real-time window and you'll have the count of events from the search itself and the list of indexes without events filled in with count=0 by the inputlookup | fillnull | stats.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use inputlookup in a real-time search as long as you set append=true. Here's an example:

index=* OR index=_* | stats count by index | inputlookup append=true monitored_indexes.csv | fillnull | stats max(count) as count by index

Run that over a real-time window and you'll have the count of events from the search itself and the list of indexes without events filled in with count=0 by the inputlookup | fillnull | stats.

jedatt01
Builder

This worked for me. Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...