All Apps and Add-ons

How to use different 'object' and 'counter' of perfmon in one search ?

henriq_c
Explorer

Hi,

I want to do a table using the eventtype 'perfmon_windows' but I want to see the Value of "% Free Space" and also the Value of "Committed Bytes" of my host. How can I see the value of both in a table ?

object="Memory" counter="Committed Bytes"
object="LogicalDisk" counter="% Free Space"

How to take the different values of each counter ? Because both have the name Value...

Thank you

0 Karma

davpx
Communicator

Quick and dirty example of the average of both over time.

sourcetype=Perfmon* (object="Memory" counter="Committed Bytes") OR (object="LogicalDisk" counter="% Free Space") 
|  timechart avg(Value) as Value by counter
0 Karma

henriq_c
Explorer

I want for exemple the value of % Free Space in a column, Committed Bytes in another, % Comitted in another, etc of each servers...
exemple :
server instance Free Space % RAM %
server1 C: 8 30
server2 😧 36 24

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

like this?

index = perfmon (object="Memory" counter="Committed Bytes") OR (object="LogicalDisk" counter="% Free Space")
| bin span=5m _time
| stats avg(Value) as avg_value by object counter host 
0 Karma

henriq_c
Explorer

I want for exemple the value of % Free Space in a column, Committed Bytes in another, % Comitted in another, of each serversetc...
exemple :
server instance Free Space % RAM %
server1 C: 8 30
server2 😧 36 24

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...