All Apps and Add-ons

How to schedule polling time in SNOW TA?

Juan_Leon
Explorer

Hello everyone, I am new with SNOW TA and I am trying to find how can I schedule polling time. I have the collection interval set to poll once a day, but I would like to schedule it to run some time at night.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

Create your cron expression using Crontab guru. There are loads of examples already present to help you understand how it works. Or if you can just tell us as to how frequent do you want the input to run, we can help you make a cron expression.

https://crontab.guru/

++If this helps, please consider accepting as an answer++

Thank you,
Shiv
###If you found the answer helpful, kindly consider upvoting/accepting it as the answer as it helps other Splunkers find the solutions to similar issues###
0 Karma

PaulPanther
Builder

@Juan_Leon Have you tried to set a cron expression in field "collection interval"? May do it directly in the inputs.conf in the backend.

Juan_Leon
Explorer

@PaulPanther thank you for your suggestion.  I am not familiar on how to se cron expression. can you point to any link that I can use as guidance. thanks 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...