All Apps and Add-ons

How to resolve Splunk Demisto Add-on version 4 Configuration Error?

tkw03
Communicator

Hello

We recently upgraded Splunk to v8.2.6.  This broke the Demisto integration so I upgraded the app to v4.0. This still has not fixed the issue. The alert will trigger but it does not send to Demisto. Looking in the demisto.log file I found this:

2022-08-08 10:25:42,792 - DEMISTOALERT - INFO - In Main Method
2022-08-08 10:25:42,801 - DEMISTOALERT - ERROR - Error in main, error: name 'basestring' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-Demisto/bin/demisto_send_alert.py", line 126, in <module>
    modaction = DemistoAction(sys.stdin.read(), modular_action_logger, 'demisto')
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-Demisto/bin/lib/cim_actions.py", line 136, in __init__
    if isinstance(self.sid, basestring) and 'scheduler' in self.sid:
NameError: name 'basestring' is not defined

I went to the configuration page to update configurations but it gives me an error screen:

DemError.PNG

Anyone have any ideas?

Thnaks!

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...