All Apps and Add-ons

How to read data from lookup file?

sbimizry
Engager

Hi, how to read data from the lookup file (.csv) using command lookup?
Lookup example:
FIELDS
field1
field2
field3
I try it: lookup file.csv FIELDS OUTPUT FIELDS AS newfield | table newfield but this not work, how I must write this search?
Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The lookup command does not read data from a file, it correlates data. You have to have a field in your event whose values match the values of a field inside the lookup file. To truly read data from a lookup file, you use inputlookup like this:

| inputlookup <Your Lookup File Here>

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The lookup command does not read data from a file, it correlates data. You have to have a field in your event whose values match the values of a field inside the lookup file. To truly read data from a lookup file, you use inputlookup like this:

| inputlookup <Your Lookup File Here>
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...