All Apps and Add-ons

How to pass on the selected timerange in TimeRangePicker on a drilldown?

imrago
Contributor

I have a Timerangepicker on both the originating and the target dashboards, and I use the Redirector/URLLoader modules from the SideView app to pass on parameters between the dashboard.

How could I pass on the the selected timerange from the originating dashboard to the TimeRangepicker module on the target dashboards?

1 Solution

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You refer to the earliest time as $search.timeRange.earliest$ and the latest as $search.timeRange.latest$, so your Redirector should look like this:

<module name="Redirector">
  <param name="url">my_view</param>
  <param name="arg.user">$username$</param>
  <param name="arg.earliest">$search.timeRange.earliest$</param>
  <param name="arg.latest">$search.timeRange.latest$</param>
</module>

If you're using the 'template' param on your Pulldown or TextField, you'll want to use:

<param name="arg.user">$username.rawValue$</param>

instead of just $username$ -- when values are templated, $username$ will be user="bob", and to get the raw value bob, you have to use $username.rawValue$.

I'll add an example to the documentation that includes timeranges in the Redirector and a TimeRangePicker in the target view. Didnt notice the omission until now. Thanks.

View solution in original post

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You refer to the earliest time as $search.timeRange.earliest$ and the latest as $search.timeRange.latest$, so your Redirector should look like this:

<module name="Redirector">
  <param name="url">my_view</param>
  <param name="arg.user">$username$</param>
  <param name="arg.earliest">$search.timeRange.earliest$</param>
  <param name="arg.latest">$search.timeRange.latest$</param>
</module>

If you're using the 'template' param on your Pulldown or TextField, you'll want to use:

<param name="arg.user">$username.rawValue$</param>

instead of just $username$ -- when values are templated, $username$ will be user="bob", and to get the raw value bob, you have to use $username.rawValue$.

I'll add an example to the documentation that includes timeranges in the Redirector and a TimeRangePicker in the target view. Didnt notice the omission until now. Thanks.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...