All Apps and Add-ons

How to get dbConnect Driver to resolve issue for Connection Type DB2?

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello,

When I was trying to create new connection for my dbConnect, using Connection Type DB2, I am getting error message: "No Suitable Driver is Available" saying no compatible driver found in "drivers" directory. How would I get the driver installed to resolve this issue? Thank you so much in advance for your support.

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SplunkDash,

You can install DB2 driver using Splunk Add-on for DB2 JDBC app.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.

View solution in original post

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SplunkDash,

Yes, correct. Then DBConnect app will show the DB2 driver installed.

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SplunkDash,

There is no specific installation info. You can install it like any Splunkbase app. It should be installed on the same server that DBConnect App working. 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.11.0/JDBCDB2/Install

SplunkDash
Motivator

@scelikok,

I just need to install it the way we install other Splunkbase app, correct?

0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SplunkDash,

You can install DB2 driver using Splunk Add-on for DB2 JDBC app.

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello @scelikok,

Thank you so much for your support to get the DB2 driver installed into one of our servers and working as expected.  I have one issue with one of my clients, as the DB2 Driver version that I downloaded using your provided link and installed into my server was DB2 v4.32. But the server at the client end only support DB2 v4.29 or lower. Are there any ways I can get the DB2 Driver v4.29 or below? Your recommendation will be highly appreciated, thank you so much again!  

Tags (1)
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SplunkDash,

You can download the supported driver file and copy or move the db2jcc4.jar file to the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers directory, reload the driver under Settings>Drivers.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.7.0/DeployDBX/Installdatabasedrivers#IBM_DB2

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello @scelikok ,

Thank you so much for your quick response, truly appreciate it. Are these open-source drivers and going to work in SPLUNK?  

Tags (1)
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SplunkDash,

These are drivers provided by IBM, you should be able to download them using IBM id. And yes they will work with Splunk DB Connect. 

0 Karma

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello @scelikok 

Thank you so much for your quick response. I downloaded the DB2 driver from the link you provided. But I couldn't get installation info. How would I install this driver? Our dbConnect App in installed on a server where heavy forwarder installed on it. Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...