All Apps and Add-ons

How to get data data from ArcSight Connectors

Paolo_Prigione
Builder

The integrating Splunk with Arcsight document, states it is possible to feed Splunk with data coming straight from a Connector. Do you have any idea how this is possible?

The ArcSight website is not as full of infos as Splunk's...
And, yes, I know this might not be the right community, but it's the one I happen to trust.

Paolo

0 Karma
1 Solution

gooza
Communicator

If you meant how to configure the arcsight agent to send the data out to splunk , let me know and I'll send you instructions on how to ...

run the command ..installdir\current\bin\arcsight agentsetup

choose yes to start the wizardmode
choose I want to add/remove/modify arcsight Manager destinations
choose add new destination
choose raw syslog
add the information of the splunk input you prepared choose the protocol.

hope this helps.

View solution in original post

woojacky

Hey gooza, could you send me the instructions for me to have a look? Appreciate!

0 Karma

ManoharChinnaiy

Hi gooza, Please help me out how to configure arcsight agent to send data to splunk.

0 Karma

cladkins
Engager

I'd also like the instructions please.

0 Karma

gwong3
Engager

Hello. If you still have the configuration on setting up Splunk to receive data from Connectors that'll be awesome! Can you send me a copy of your instructions? Thanks.

0 Karma

Paolo_Prigione
Builder

Just wondering: is it possible to forward CEF data to splunk from Logger itself to Splunk? This would limit the effort on the connectors as, I'm told, you need quite a number of them even for small environments

0 Karma

gooza
Communicator

Yes , I sent you the instructions how,

0 Karma

tnoelOTS
Explorer

Gooza,

Could you send me the instructions also please?

0 Karma

Paolo_Prigione
Builder

Hi gooza. So, it is possible to configure an Arcsight Connector to send data to a 3rd party receiver in CEF over Syslog format. Thank you very much

0 Karma

Paolo_Prigione
Builder

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, I meant how to configure the Connectors.

0 Karma

gooza
Communicator

I highly recommend using http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/22280/cef-common-event-format-extraction-utilities

it parse the arcsight cef format quit easily

as for time stamps extractions I recommend adding the following in the relevent stanza in porps.conf:

TIME_PREFIX = \s(end|rt)\=

TIME_FORMAT = %10S%3n

MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKHEAD = 350

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...