All Apps and Add-ons

How to find bug SPL-45019

HarryJohn
Explorer

Running serverclass tester I got the following:

Should this class name be splunk_forwarder_windows?
   line_number=31 line="[serverClass:splunk_forwarder_linux:app:unix]"

File /opt/splunk/etc/deployment-apps/unix/metadata/local.meta doesn't exist. This may cause an issue per bug SPL-45019.
   line_number=31 line="[serverClass:splunk_forwarder_linux:app:unix]"

Application windows doesn't exist in etc/deployment-apps!
   line_number=32 line="[serverClass:splunk_forwarder_windows:app:windows]"

File /opt/splunk/etc/deployment-apps/windows/metadata/local.meta doesn't exist. This may cause an issue per bug SPL-45019.
   line_number=32 line="[serverClass:splunk_forwarder_windows:app:windows]"

How do I find out what SPL-45019 is and how to fix it?

0 Karma

DUThibault
Contributor

Sadly, the answer seems to be that bug reports are confidential. You cannot find them anywhere on the Web.

0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

the docs seem the right place...

4.2.5 known issues

OR
support AT splunk.com

0 Karma

HarryJohn
Explorer

Thanks.
I apprecate the help.

HarryJohn
Explorer

Ok I am on 4.3 so I presume it does not apply. Back to the question. Where can I look at issues such as SPL-45109?

0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

this is known 4.2.4,4.2.5 issues:
Under certain circumstances when deploying apps in 4.2.4, the deployment client will return the following error message: Cannot update application info: /nobody/appname/app/install/state = enabled: Metadata could not be written: /nobody/appname/app/install/state: { }, removable: yes.

The workaround is to create a file and folder /metadata/local.meta in the installation tree of the app that the deployment server is deploying. (SPL-45019)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...