All Apps and Add-ons

How to enable IAM roles for Cloudtrail app and Splunk Add-on for Amazon Web Services?

sureshsala
Explorer

I don't want to add Secret Keys. Instead, I want to use IAM Roles. I have installed CLoudTrail app and AWS Add-On.

Please guide how to enable IAM Role.

rpille_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi sureshsala,

Version 4.0.0 of the Splunk Add-on for AWS, released yesterday, adds support for using your EC2 IAM role instead of account credentials, if you are running your data collection node on your own managed AWS instance.

Docs are here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/latest/AWS/Setuptheadd-on#Discover_an_EC2_IAM_role

Cheers!

0 Karma

lim2
Communicator

Thanks for the link @rpille_splunk . But with Splunk 7.3.4 and Splunk TA AWS version 5.0.0 when clicked on "IAM Role" tab only saw "Loading..." & I'm getting following message also:

Unable to initialize modular input "splunk_ta_aws_sqs" defined in the app "Splunk_TA_aws": Introspecting scheme=splunk_ta_aws_sqs: script running failed (exited with code 1)..

travislelledeep
Explorer

Version 5.0 isn't compatible with 7.3.4. It's listed as being compatible with 8.0 only.

0 Karma

andreasz
Path Finder

I have version 8.0.2 installed and get the same error on my Search Head:
Unable to initialize modular input "splunk_ta_aws_sqs" defined in the app "Splunk_TA_aws": Introspecting scheme=splunk_ta_aws_sqs: script running failed (exited with code 1)

For some reasons I don't get this error on my Heavy Forwarder (8.0.2 as well)

Jeremiah
Motivator
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...