All Apps and Add-ons

How to create multiple account with Apikey and secret key in Splunk add on builder

lksridhar
Explorer

Hi Folks,

I have developed custom add-on using splunk add on builder for REST API input and it is working fine. but i would like know is there any way create multiple account with API and secret key in single add-on using add on builder.

For Ex:

I have application called SAP gigya, we are trying to fetch the logs from all the environment like Dev/QA/PRD and each environment has different API and secret key, right now i have created add-on which i can use for single Environment because the API and secret key parameters calling from add-on setting parameter so i can't use the same API key for other environment.

To complete this requirement i am planning create account with API key for each environment but i could not able to find that option in Add on builder.

Could you please let me know if any one has any idea how to create the multiple account using API and secret key

sampe output : in same Add-on

1. account name=Dev_account
  2. Apikey=*********
  3. SecretKey=*******

4. account name=PRD_account

5. Apikey=*********

6. SecretKey=*******

Thanks,
Sridhar

Tags (1)

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

I am having same issue. I would like to add other inputs to add account pop-up instead of username/password. Something like client id, secret etc. How can I achieve this? Any help would be appreciated.

I cannot add password/client secret as data input parameter as they get stored in unencrypted format when add via system user interface(settings->data input->)  

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 12.54.10 PM.png

@VatsalJagani @lksridhar 

0 Karma

lksridhar
Explorer

alt text

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @lksridhar,

Use custom Add-on setup parameter instead of global account. In Add-on builder Input's "Add-on Setup Parameters" page. Uncheck "Global account settings" and add one text (use password if you want apikey to be encrypted) field for ApiKey and password field for SecretKey.

In Add-on setup page you will see as many time you want now you can add account with different IDs like Dev_account/Prod_account.

Hope this helps!!!

lksridhar
Explorer

Thanks VatsalJagani for your response, i have followed all the steps but it is not working for me. Please find below image under answer. please correct if i am missed any configuration .

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

After these steps, Go to your created Add-on, there you will see three dashboards: Inputs, Configuration, Search. Go to Configuration, there you will see three tabs: Account, Proxy, Logging. Go to Account and you will see a screen below with "Add" buttons allowing you to create multiple accounts. I think currently you are in Add-on builder app.

https://ibb.co/tmGTrXM

0 Karma

lksridhar
Explorer

Pls correct me if i am wrong, if we uncheck "Global account settings" , the account option will not show in under configuration tab, for me account option is not showing under configuration. PFA![alt text][1]

https://ibb.co/M27zgcN

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you use "Global account settings" it will be shown under Configuration > Add-on settings.
If you uncheck global account and use custom input elements, you will see that under Configuration > Account.

0 Karma

lksridhar
Explorer

I have followed all the steps but it is not showing for me . attached steps which i followed. please correct the steps me if am wrong.

https://ibb.co/CvBvBKW

https://ibb.co/f9pYh6v

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...