All Apps and Add-ons

How to convert old dashboard XML to new dashboard beta JSON?

JykkeDaMan
Path Finder

I'm using Splunk Enterprise 7.3.2 on-prem.
How to convert existing XML dashboards to a new JSON format?

0 Karma
1 Solution

atammana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@JykkeDaMan , first ensure that you have the beta app installed. From any XML dashboard, click the 3 dots in the top right corner and you should see an option that says "Open in Dashboard App (beta)". This will open a new dashboard in the beta app using the new framework. Note that the converter is also in beta, so you may not see all features converted successfully at this stage.

View solution in original post

atammana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@JykkeDaMan , first ensure that you have the beta app installed. From any XML dashboard, click the 3 dots in the top right corner and you should see an option that says "Open in Dashboard App (beta)". This will open a new dashboard in the beta app using the new framework. Note that the converter is also in beta, so you may not see all features converted successfully at this stage.

JykkeDaMan
Path Finder

Correct! Did not find the hint from the docs.

0 Karma

atammana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

JykkeDaMan
Path Finder

Indeed. Great. Looks like I do not know how to use the search in docs. ;-).

0 Karma

ramgnisiv
Path Finder

@atammana_splunk
Maybe i'm on the wrong version of Splunk, but in my local instance of Splunk, i have the beta app installed, but none of my xml dashboards have the "open in Dashboard app(beta)" option in the 3-dots dropdown.
What version of Splunk are you running?

0 Karma

atammana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@ramgnisiv this is only supported on Enterprise 7.2.7 and above unfortunately! This is why the app is only marked compatible with 7.3 and 8.0 on Splunkbase.

ramgnisiv
Path Finder

Thanks, i'm on 7.2.5 so i'll upgrade soon and check it out then

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...