All Apps and Add-ons

How to configure the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows to monitor Services NetworkProfile/Operational Logs?

cwchambe

Hi,

In Event Viewer, I have a Proof Point needed for Windows 8.1, Window 10, Event Viewer, Application and Services, Microsoft Windows NetworkProfile/Operational Logs. Unfortunately, nothing is showing.

In SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_Windows\local\inputs.conf, I have this value.

[Microsoft-Windows-NetworkProfile/Operational]
disabled = 0

May I asked for recommendations please?

Cheers, Cwchmbe.

0 Karma

dstaulcu
Builder

Hello. Looks like you are missing the input handler sourcetype prefix.. Your stanza should start with [WinEventLog://

0 Karma

cwchambe

Hello dstaulcu,

Thank you. That was perfect and well...intuitive too. I appreciate you helping a rookie.

Cheers, cwchambe

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @cwchambe

Glad you found a solution through @dstaulcu. Please don't forget to resolve the post by clicking "Accept" directly below the answer, and upvote the answer to award dstaulcu more karma points for helping you out.

Cheers!

Patrick

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...