All Apps and Add-ons

How to color dashboard rows based on min and max values of field?

Poojitha
Path Finder

Hi ,

I have created a panel in splunk dashboard which contains a table like below :

account source count of events
1234567890 test_hec
test_s3
0987654321 test_hec
test_s3

this says :

account : 1234567890 , source test_hec has 123 events count, test_s3 has 90 events count
account : 0987654321, source test_hec has 80 events count, test_s3 has 900 events count

I have do the coloring(highlight) to only that cell which matches below condition :

account id source  count of events
0987654321 test_hec
test_s3

i.e count of events from test_hec is less than count of events from test_s3

Please find screenshot I have attached.

Can we achieve this ? Please let me know how we can do this ? Thanks in Advance

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

venky1544
Builder

Hi @Poojitha 

is this something you are trying for  Hope it helps

venky1544_0-1646843335568.png

<dashboard>
<label>Table with color Based on Status</label>
<row>
<panel>
<title>check</title>
<html depends="$alwaysHideHTMLCSSPanel$">
<style>
#tableColorFinalRowBasedOnData table tbody td div.multivalue-subcell[data-mv-index="2"]{
display: none;
}
</style>
</html>
<table id="tableColorFinalRowBasedOnData">
<search>
<query>| makeresults | eval source="test_hec,test_s3" ,events= "123,90"| makemv source delim=","| makemv events delim=","
|append [|makeresults | eval source="test_hec,test_s3" ,events= "80,900"| makemv source delim=","| makemv events delim=","]
| multikv forceheader=1
| eval new=mvindex(events,0) |eval new2= mvindex(events,1) |eval status=if(new &lt;new2,"BIG","SMALL")
|foreach source,events [ eval &lt;&lt;FIELD&gt;&gt;=mvappend('&lt;&lt;FIELD&gt;&gt;',status)] | fields - new,new2,status</query>
<earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
<latest>now</latest>
<sampleRatio>1</sampleRatio>
</search>
<option name="refresh.display">progressbar</option>
<format type="color" field="events">
<colorPalette type="expression">case (match(value,"BIG"), "#DC4E41")</colorPalette>
</format>
<format type="color" field="source">
<colorPalette type="expression">case (match(value,"BIG"), "#DC4E41")</colorPalette>
</format>
</table>
</panel>
</row>
</dashboard>

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Karma

venky1544
Builder

Hi @Poojitha 

is this something you are trying for  Hope it helps

venky1544_0-1646843335568.png

<dashboard>
<label>Table with color Based on Status</label>
<row>
<panel>
<title>check</title>
<html depends="$alwaysHideHTMLCSSPanel$">
<style>
#tableColorFinalRowBasedOnData table tbody td div.multivalue-subcell[data-mv-index="2"]{
display: none;
}
</style>
</html>
<table id="tableColorFinalRowBasedOnData">
<search>
<query>| makeresults | eval source="test_hec,test_s3" ,events= "123,90"| makemv source delim=","| makemv events delim=","
|append [|makeresults | eval source="test_hec,test_s3" ,events= "80,900"| makemv source delim=","| makemv events delim=","]
| multikv forceheader=1
| eval new=mvindex(events,0) |eval new2= mvindex(events,1) |eval status=if(new &lt;new2,"BIG","SMALL")
|foreach source,events [ eval &lt;&lt;FIELD&gt;&gt;=mvappend('&lt;&lt;FIELD&gt;&gt;',status)] | fields - new,new2,status</query>
<earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
<latest>now</latest>
<sampleRatio>1</sampleRatio>
</search>
<option name="refresh.display">progressbar</option>
<format type="color" field="events">
</format>
<format type="color" field="source">
</format>
</table>
</panel>
</row>
</dashboard>

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Poojitha
Path Finder

Thanks @venky1544 

0 Karma

Poojitha
Path Finder

Yes I had replaced  the field name , but was creating new field (like in screenshot attached). However, I was able to get it later to one column.

I am not getting how to use the color Pallete:

I tried this way as well :

<format type="color" field="events_count">
<colorPalette type="expression">if(mvindex(events_count,0) &lt; mvindex(events_count,1),#CCFFCC,#009900)</colorPalette>
</format>

But this as well isnt working, its just causing all rows to be green.

Please let me know how we can edit with colorPanel ?

0 Karma

Poojitha
Path Finder

@ITWhisperer  - Got any update ?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you try using your actual field/column name?

| eval events_count=if(mvindex(events_count,0) < mvindex(events_count,1),mvappend(events_count,"ORANGE"),events_count)
<colorPalette type="expression">case (match(value,"ORANGE"), "#ff8000", true(), "#ffffff")</colorPalette>

0 Karma

Poojitha
Path Finder

@ITWhisperer : This is creating new column - 'count of events'

Is that supposed to be ?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No according to the example you gave and the screenshot, you already have a field called 'count of events'.

If this is not the actual name of your field, then change it to the correct one.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval 'count of events'=if(mvindex('count of events',0) < mvindex('count of events',1),mvappend('count of events',"ORANGE"),'count of events')

Then use colorPalette option to colour the cell and CSS to hide the third value (index=2)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...