All Apps and Add-ons

How to collect from custom tables using the Service Now Add-on?

althomas
Communicator

Hi all,

In the previous version, I had a number of inputs set up to collect from custom tables. This was mostly to enrich data from the CMDB so we can use this in Splunk for various reasons.

In version 4.0,0, it looks like the collection from custom tables has been disabled and limited to just 23 tables, as per https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/ServiceNow/Configureinputs.

I tried just manually updating inputs.conf and hoping for the best, but this doesn't seem to work. Example below:

[snow://alm_hardware]
duration = 900
account = SNow PROD
timefield = sys_updated_on
id_field = sys_id
disabled = 0
index=snow
since_when = 2019-08-16 09:25:37

Does anyone have any insight into what I need to do to get this to work properly?

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

althomas
Communicator

Solution:
I was missing the table parameter, now it works!

Full config for this entry:
duration = 900
account = SNow PROD
id_field = sys_id
disabled = 0
index = snow
table = alm_hardware

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lekanneer
Loves-to-Learn Lots

If you're looking for an efficient and functional ServiceNow to Splunk integration (also CMDB) take a look at: https://www.thedutchdatadifference.nl/splunk-servicenow/

I created that solution and continuously adding new features. You can easily extend the solution to add custom tables.

0 Karma

althomas
Communicator

Solution:
I was missing the table parameter, now it works!

Full config for this entry:
duration = 900
account = SNow PROD
id_field = sys_id
disabled = 0
index = snow
table = alm_hardware

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...