All Apps and Add-ons

How to add a HSL static route through TMM Interface

gcrawford_newba
Explorer

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure the Splunk for F5 Networks app and I'm getting stuck with the default send string. I can see that the iRule is getting hit and the syslog pool is getting hit but the only traffic getting to the splunk server is the 'default send string' heartbeat monitor traffic.

From what I've read, we need to configure a static route for the splunk server to be accessed via a TMM interface.

However I am not that familiar with F5 and have absolutely no idea how to do this.

I was hoping someone could enlighten me and - for others who may ask the question - them too.

Is this something that can be configured via the GUI or must it be done via the CLI?

As an example, our environment would run F5 v11.2.x

TMM interfaces are: -

10.12.12.1/24
10.20.12.1/24

Management interface is: -

Splunk server: -

How do I add a static route to the splunk server for management (ie. HSL) traffic to go via a TMM interface?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

mjannusch
Engager

The site won't let me post a link to the F5 support article, but go to askf5.f5.com and search for SOL13284.

tmsh create /sys management-route network / gateway

ie:

tmsh create /sys management-route HSLroute network 192.168.12.84/255.255.255.255 gateway 10.20.12.254

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mjannusch
Engager

The site won't let me post a link to the F5 support article, but go to askf5.f5.com and search for SOL13284.

tmsh create /sys management-route network / gateway

ie:

tmsh create /sys management-route HSLroute network 192.168.12.84/255.255.255.255 gateway 10.20.12.254

0 Karma

gcrawford_newba
Explorer

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...