All Apps and Add-ons

How come my Cb Defense Add-on won't load and is returning the following "Unable to initialize modular input" failure message?

jflaherty
Path Finder

I am unable to get the Cb Defense Add-on to load. This is in a fresh version of Splunk 7.1.3.

I Install the add-on, restart Splunk, click on the add-on link and it just sits there with a"loading" indicator but then never loads. It also eventually gives;

Unable to initialize modular input "carbonblack_defense" defined inside the app "TA-Cb_Defense": Introspecting scheme=carbonblack_defense: script running failed (exited with code 1).

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

wfjarrett538
Explorer

If you are that far, you found the typo in props.conf in 2.0.2? That was stopping Splunk from starting at all after I installed this app.

I'm not sure what is causing that error you are seeing - I know if you remove the README/inputs.conf.spec file it goes away.

Anyways, are you using 2.0.2? When I went to download the add-on a couple of weeks ago, 2.0.2 was the default. Now, 2.0.1 is the default, and 2.0.2 is still available and gives the warning, "This version has not passed Splunk AppInspect."

I guess the short answer is if you are using 2.0.2, try 2.0.1. It seems a lot less broken.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

wfjarrett538
Explorer

If you are that far, you found the typo in props.conf in 2.0.2? That was stopping Splunk from starting at all after I installed this app.

I'm not sure what is causing that error you are seeing - I know if you remove the README/inputs.conf.spec file it goes away.

Anyways, are you using 2.0.2? When I went to download the add-on a couple of weeks ago, 2.0.2 was the default. Now, 2.0.1 is the default, and 2.0.2 is still available and gives the warning, "This version has not passed Splunk AppInspect."

I guess the short answer is if you are using 2.0.2, try 2.0.1. It seems a lot less broken.

0 Karma

jflaherty
Path Finder

I was using 2.0.2. I didn't realize that it was broken. I tried 2.0.1 and everything is working good now. Thank you!

0 Karma

OBsecurity
Explorer

thanks for your help!

0 Karma

OBsecurity
Explorer

having the same issue.
anyone pls?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...