All Apps and Add-ons

How can I use Sideview 1.3 version's report builder?

theouhuios
Motivator

Hello

This might be a very stupid question to ask, I am not able to find the Sideview report builder on 1.3 version. I don't know why the company hasn't upgraded to the new one (probably because of the paperwork to obtain permissions) but can I actually use the report builder in the older version. If yes, what's the location of that? I am only able to see the basic search and it's not that different that what the search app would be. Any help please.

Regards

theou

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Well it's not a stupid question, but it's at least a very easy answer. There are many things in the 2.2 product that are not in the old 1.3.X product on Splunkbase, and the Sideview Report Builder is one of them.

You can get the latest Sideview Utils only from the Sideview site, although of course there's a custom license agreement you have to accept. - http://sideviewapps.com/apps/sideview-utils/

The Report Builder is only in 2.X, the Sideview Chart and Search interfaces are likewise new in 2.X. Then of course there's the Sideview Editor (watch a 10 minute video about the Editor here), and last but not least a lot of new and useful modules, improvements to many of the patches on the core Splunk modules.... A lot really! If you want to get overwhelmed you can even read the release notes

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm afraid not. It was a very significant amount of engineering time that I sunk into the 2.X modules to allow all that stuff to happen. Good luck with your manager! Sometimes the free license agreement unsettles people but if you're willing to pay for it, we can put it together as more of a standard software deal and I can issue you a quote etc... email me at nick [at] sideviewapps.com for more info.

0 Karma

theouhuios
Motivator

Hmm.. I will discuss about this with my Manager. But any way that I can implement the same charts in 1.3? I looked at those videos about report Builder and just loved it. Thanks for making them.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...