All Apps and Add-ons

Haversine Application - How to utilise it for distance location calculation in Google Maps App.

stekilburn
Explorer

I was looking for way to calculate distances within Splunk using the Google maps app and geo-location parameters and I came across the Haversine application on Splunk Apps.

I have downloaded the Haversine app and loaded this to the Google Maps BIN directory but I cant get the Haversine commands to be recognised.
The instructions on the application are not great (installation instructions).
I am need to compare numerous points of long&lat and reference a distance from another long&lat and this haversine app looked to be the answer.
Any help would be appreciated to crack this one?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

stekilburn
Explorer

Answer my own question!
I downloaded the file and added it into the BIN directory of the Google Maps application, which didn't work.
Simply used the Splunk GUI to upload the file from my pc and allowed Splunk to unpackage the Haversine application. This worked successfully and I can now locate other geo points from lat&long references which is really useful.
Great little addition to Google Maps app.

View solution in original post

stekilburn
Explorer

Answer my own question!
I downloaded the file and added it into the BIN directory of the Google Maps application, which didn't work.
Simply used the Splunk GUI to upload the file from my pc and allowed Splunk to unpackage the Haversine application. This worked successfully and I can now locate other geo points from lat&long references which is really useful.
Great little addition to Google Maps app.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...