All Apps and Add-ons

Has anyone encountered an error while trying to update the tripwire setup page?

Splunk_God
Engager

When trying to update the tripwire 1.5.1 setup page, i'm receiving the following error: In handler 'localapps'. Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/te/te_data/te_endpoint/te_parameters. I'm not sure what this is.

ashnet16
Path Finder

Hi Oliver,

I'm not sure why that's happening. What I did was I added the stanza is_configured= true to app.conf in local and continued with the setup of the app on the backend.

nyfaisal
Path Finder

I am having the exact same problem, but modyfing local/app.conf and restarting splunk did not help.

0 Karma

ashnet16
Path Finder

Hi nyfaisal, are you installing on a single Splunk instance? Or Distributed environment?

0 Karma

splunk24
Path Finder

hi i am also getting the same error
please help
mine is single splunk instance
Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'localapps': Cannot find item for POST arg_name="/data/inputs/script/%24SPLUNK_HOME%252Fetc%252Fapps%252FtestingApp%252Fbin%252Fmyscript.sh/interval"

0 Karma

oHable
Explorer

Hi ashnet16,

your hint works for me, big thnx for your help.

What i did:
a. cp /opt/splunk/etc/apps/te/default/app.conf /opt/splunk/etc/apps/te/local/app.conf
b. vim /opt/splunk/etc/apps/te/local/app.conf
c: changed (before, i checked tripwire enterprise console account, network connections etc..)
[install]
is_configured = 0
to
[install]
is_configured = 1

d: restart splunk, start Tripwire Enterprise App and play around with the nice working app 🙂

sincerely oliver

ashnet16
Path Finder

That's awesome! I'm happy it's working.

0 Karma

oHable
Explorer

is there a solution / hint to avoid that error, i have the same error message when installing tripwire enterprise app 1.5.1 on my splunk enterprise environment.

error (on setup page):
In handler 'localapps': Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/te/te_data/te_endpoint/te_parameters

/opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log
02-17-2015 14:33:12.613 +0100 ERROR SetupAdminHandler - Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/te/te_data/te_endpoint/te_parameters

sincerely oliver

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...