I've downloaded the new version of Splunk Support for Active Directory, or SA-ldapsearch app, and I wasn't able to use it. Tried multiple configuration combinations but nothing seems to work, it's returning multiple kinds of errors on the screen mentioning "404", "ldapkey", etc. Here some messages from SA-ldapsearch.log:
2014-10-14 14:06:54,274, Level=ERROR, Pid=4921, File=search_command.py, Line=342, Traceback (most recent call last): File "/apps/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch/bin/packages/splunklib/searchcommands/search_command.py", line 316, in process self._execute(operation, reader, writer) File "/apps/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch/bin/packages/splunklib/searchcommands/generating_command.py", line 79, in _execute for record in operation(): File "/apps/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch/bin/ldapsearch.py", line 79, in generate configuration = app.Configuration(self) File "/apps/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch/bin/packages/app/configuration.py", line 42, in __init__ self._read_configuration() File "/apps/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch/bin/packages/app/configuration.py", line 151, in _read_configuration configuration_file = command.service.confs['ldap'] File "/apps/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch/bin/packages/splunklib/client.py", line 1599, in __getitem__ raise KeyError(key) KeyError: 'ldap' 2014-10-14 14:12:51,172, Level=ERROR, Pid=6750, File=search_command.py, Line=278, Abnormal exit: Cannot find the default configuration stanza: HTTP 404 Not Found -- ldap does not exist.
I'm keen to get the new features like able to specify "base" at search time. I tried to run it on Splunk 6.1.1.
Unfortunately we are facing the same problem here. We have no results when using the dashboards on the path: active Directory > Users > User Reports > All (and all the others as well.). When running the query << |
secrpt-all-users(DATASECLAB) >> we get the following error:
External search command 'ldapsearch' returned error code 1. Script output = " ERROR Cannot find the configuration stanza for domain=***** in ldap.conf. "
And when looking at the sa-ldap-search.log we get the following:
Level=ERROR, Pid=3524, File=search_command.py, Line=282, Abnormal exit: '****'
Is this a known issue? We are using the latest version of ldapsearch. What should we do?
Thank you in advance
did you configure the ldap.conf in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch/local/ldap.conf?
I had to create the "local" directory, copy the ldap.conf from the ../default/ to local.
I cannot get V2.0 to connect to my LDAP but V1.1.3 connects and runs with no issue on Splunk V6.1.1
I have posted a question with my configs and ldap log results. Keep getting an "Invalid DN" from V2.0
Same issue for me too. On Splunk 6.1.4, SA-ldapsearch 2.0 returns "External search command 'ldapsearch' returned error code 1. Script output = " ERROR Cannot find the configuration stanza for domain=None. " I've reverted to using SA-ldapsearch 1.1.3 and it works fine.
Sorry - didn't see this until today. We got a whole bunch of support questions about this app and my recommendation is to wait for 2.0.1 before upgrading at this point. It's currently going through QA and will be released shortly.
Same issue for me too. On Splunk 6.1.3 and 6.2.0, SA-ldapsearch 2.0 returns "External search command 'ldapsearch' returned error code 1. Script output = " ERROR Cannot find the configuration stanza for domain=None. "